Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Love at The Ranch: The Remedy

The solution to our day of fighting was to take an hour together and just relax. Once we returned from getting our marriage license (during which we missed handing off a few out-of-town bags due to our fight), we decided we both needed a nap and little cuddling. I'd been with my girls for two nights, he'd been with his guys for two nights, and we'd been missing each other.

The unfortunate thing about needing a minute with your guy during the days leading up to your wedding is that it's nearly impossible to get. We decided that we'd rather spend a few minutes canoodling than be on time for dinner with my family. Normally, I am as punctual as they get but this, I think, is where you are allowed to give yourself leeway; Be late, be early, be whatever you want. It's your weekend.

Eventually, we sauntered over to dinner at The Ranch House Restaurant (at Devil's Thumb). I invited everyone attending the wedding to this dinner in case they were looking for company. I listed it on our schedule of events note that I included in our out-of-town bags (more on those to come!) as a non-hosted dinner, but with a few familiar faces. In the end, most of my family came as did my bridesmaids and one groomsman.

The deck outside of dinner. Alpen-glow.

After dinner, was our big Friday night event! You guessed it--Wedding Crashers in the Ranch's movie theater. Having this event created a place for our guests to meet for the first time, but because it was a movie, didn't leave room for any talking. In hindsight, I wish we would have had a little time to meet and greet before the movie started. I was in and out of the theater, chatting and saying hi to our guests in the hallway while the movie was playing. Nonetheless, the theater was filled with family, friends, and bridesmaids while the guys went off and did their bachelor par-tay thing! Not to mention, it was a great diversion for my mind from Mr. CB and my earlier spat.

Wedding Crashers
(source)

A few left mid-movie to go to bed (like my grandmother and mom) but my grandpa and dad stuck it out! Whether they were snoring or not, I'm not positive, but I definitely heard a few chuckles. And no one seemed offended that we'd chosen the "un-corked" version which happens to be littered with nudity and a few cuss words for good measure. I'm glad we got everyone in the wedding spirit off the bat!

How did we get here?

First, Mr. CB and I road-tripped it to Boulder, CO.
Then, I spent a peaceful morning with my bridesmaids and maids-of-honor.
Followed by a rowdy bachelorette party that night.
The next morning, two days before the wedding, we fought.

Did you have any nontraditional events leading up to your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment