Soon after the first dance and father-daughter dance ended, everyone was on the dance floor. One of our friends is a square-dance "caller," meaning he calls the next move at square dance events, so thanks to him, everyone was having a blast dosey-doe-ing.
Three generations of Cowboy Boot women in action.
Mama Cowboy Boot
Mr. CB and his niece, Ariyahana
Right about here, someone stepped on my dress and ripped my bustle. The J. Crew belt saved me--I just tucked my train in.
Yep, that's leap frog
Mr. CB's half-brother break dancing.
Our friend looking like he's skipping down the yellow brick road.
Mr. CB after having slid through the set of legs to the right. Ha!
Swirling in my dress was too much fun.
I called in all my bridesmaid and felt like Queen Bee with fairies dancing around me.
It was one of the most fun moments of my life.
Want to see it in action? Check out the video, below, for a bluegrass version of the chicken dance and some break-dancing from a talented kid.
How did we get here?
- Mr. CB and I road-tripped it
- A peaceful morning
- A rowdy bachelorette party
- Two days before, we fought
- We made up.
- Mr. CB recuperated while I hiked with friends
- Our rehearsal dinner
- The girls got ready
- The guys got ready
- Our First Look
- Budget breakdown: bouquets and bouts
- Portraits of the bride and groom
- Our wedding party
- We all lined up
- The wedding party walked
- Papa CB walked me down the aisle
- Our ceremony begins: a song from Grandma Cowboy Boot
- And ended with a kiss
- Some family portraits
- The details
- Our centerpiece budget
- Our photo booth!
- After toasts, we fed each other pie
- Our pie bar and reception signage
- The First Dance and Father-Daughter Dance