Sunday, December 6, 2009

Love at The Ranch: The Photo Booth

I've been soooo excited to write this post! Our photo booth was a complete experiment and I was thrilled when I looked through the pictures afterwards to find complete success. Because our cocktail hour ended up inside of our reception barn, the photo booth was really popular as an activity during that time. A line even formed a few times throughout the hour. Plus, there was a lot of light coming in through the windows before dinner so the pictures were well-lit.

"Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy!"

Photo by Tec Petaja

The camera was set on a timer that gave people 10 seconds to get in the shot. This meant no one had to man the camera--although a few people did by choice. The sign above explained how to use the photo booth: "Love the camera. Press the button--you have 10 seconds to strike a pose."

Photo by Tec Petaja

Grandma and Grandpa Cowboy Boot

Auntie CB

MOHs

Niece CB, SIL CB, and Mr. CB

The structure: I borrowed a big, metal frame from a friend who owns a skiwear company. He uses the frame at trade shows and brought it up to the wedding with him.

MOHs and Mr. CB. Little did he know what would happen next...

Bridesmaids carry the groom

Aunt and Uncle CB

Mama and Papa Cowboy Boot

The Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi. I borrowed a flash and a tripod from a photographer friend as well as a diffuser from his roommate. Lucky for us, my brother is a cinematographer and knew how to nail the settings on the camera.

French sisters

Mr. CB and his youngest half-brother, Fletcher

Friends from Jackson, WY

The costumes: We brought a variety of cowboy hats and bandanas that we already owned. I looked at sheriff's badges and toy guns, but decided I was done spending money.


Aunt- and Uncle-in-law CB

Uncle CB and Cowboy Boot Cuz

The fabric: Jennifer Paganelli's Casey Scroll in Gold from her Sis Boom Basics Collection. I bought 5 yards from The Fabric Farm on Etsy. If I did it again, I would've bought 10 yards. Our fabric only went down to the waist, so shots from the floor didn't look as good.

Photo by Tec Petaja

Photo by Tec Petaja

How did we get here?

I spent a peaceful morning with my girls.
Followed by a rowdy bachelorette party.
Two days before the wedding, we fought.
Then, we made up.
On Saturday, Mr. CB recuperated while I hiked with friends.
We celebrated our rehearsal dinner.
Mr. CB and I had our First Look.
Our wedding party braved the cold for photos.
We all lined up for the ceremony.
The wedding party walked (and performed hand shakes).
Papa CB walked Ms (soon to be Mrs.) CB down the aisle.
Our ceremony began with a song from Grandma Cowboy Boot.
And ended with a kiss.
We hugged and took some family portraits.
Then our guests to to see The Details.

**All images above by the photo booth camera, unless noted as by Tec Petaja. Head to his blog for some serious eye candy.**

No comments:

Post a Comment