Saturday, December 5, 2009

Love at The Ranch: Reception Flowers (Budget Breakdown)

I broke down the pricing on our bouquets and boutonnieres for you, so I wanted to finish our floral budget breakdown with our centerpieces. And, since I just showed you the details of our reception, I thought fleshing out our flowers would be the most organic next step on this recap train.



The main thing I told our florist, Plum Sage Flowers, was that I wanted our centerpieces to feel garden-y, loose, and flow-y. Almost like wildflowers but in creams, peaches, and golds.



Before sending my final order for flowers, Erin of Plum Sage had me look through Amato Wholesale Florist's flower gallery (for the month of October) and let her know which flowers caught my eye. She made sure to tell me that not all of the flowers in the October gallery would necessarily be available but it would give us a good guide, at least. This flower gallery might come in handy for your wedding, but keep in mind that this flower gallery is specific to the Denver area and climate. If you live in the South, for instance, you'll probably have a very different selection.



The flowers from my list that were available and in my budget included light pink delphinium and larkspur, cream mini gerbera daisies, cream spray roses, apricot stock, billy balls, pale yellow dahlias, feverfew, yarrows and mums in pale pink, apricot, wheat, and cream with wheat sprig accents.


Budget Breakdown:
  • Centerpieces: 24 jars (8 small, 8 medium and 8 large): $35 x 8 tables = $280
  • Reception decor: Additional 6 jars (small and medium) for windowsills = $50
  • Flower girl petals (for one small basket): $10
  • Dahlias (for moms/grandmas/aunts): $3.50 per stem x 8 = $28
  • Total (with 7.72% tax) = $396.41
  • Total for our bouts/bouquets (with 7.72% tax) = $382.41
  • Delivery fee from Denver (about 2 hours away) = $200
  • GRAND TOTAL: $978.82
How did we get here?

I spent a peaceful morning with my girls.
Followed by a rowdy bachelorette party.
Two days before the wedding, we fought.
Then, we made up.
On Saturday, Mr. CB recuperated while I hiked with friends.
We celebrated our rehearsal dinner.
Mr. CB and I had our First Look.
Our wedding party braved the cold for photos.
We all lined up for the ceremony.
The wedding party walked (and performed hand shakes).
Papa CB walked Ms (soon to be Mrs.) CB down the aisle.
Our ceremony began with a song from Grandma Cowboy Boot.
And ended with a kiss.
We hugged and took some family portraits.
Then our guests to to see The Details.

**All images above by the ridiculously talented and awesome Tec Petaja, unless otherwise noted. Head to his blog for some serious eye candy.**

No comments:

Post a Comment