Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ornamental Inspiration

After being asked to design a wedding inspiration board based around a Christmas ornament, I immediately turned to Anthropologie. They have an eclectic assortment of ornaments (that I constantly covet) and I knew I'd be inspired. I sorted through the various deers, owls, mushrooms, and stars and settled on a carnival ornament that reminds me of all things moroccan, gypsy, hippie, and whimsical: The One-of-a-Kind Carnival Bird.


I liked the idea of a wedding decorated in saturated jewel-toned colors, which this ornament makes me think of (even though it's grey). So, I went to Polyvore and tried my best.

GypsyWedding
From top left, clockwise. Row 1: Flowers (instyleweddings), Tree (oncewed), Bangles (mymarrakesh), Lantern (oncewed); Row 2: Hair flower (oncewed), Flower girl wreath (theknot), Thread and pitcher (oncewed); Row 3: Lounge (kissevents), Flowers (oncewed), Felt bird (reformschool)

So, what do you think of my ornament-inspired board?

No comments:

Post a Comment