Monday, December 14, 2009

Love at The Ranch: Special Dances

After toasts and feeding each other cherry pie, after everyone had exhausted the photo booth and enjoyed some ribs and cornbread, it was time for the first dance. Our band, Elephant Revival, took the stage (they'd learned Neil Young's Harvest Moon for us). If you remember, our wedding coincidentally fell on the night of the Harvest Moon which we didn't figure out until after we'd picked our song.


Press play to listen while we dance.



Our band played it beautifully.


We didn't practice but Mr. CB was spinning me so naturally--I think I was floating on pure bliss.


We were singing softly to each other.


Photo by Amanda Wilson


Three quarters of the way through, Mr. CB decided to invite everyone up to join in our first dance. It was totally unexpected but so sweet.


Many couples joined us and I wondered if the ones who were married were remembering their first dances.


After our first dance, my dad and I took to the stage. My dad and I decided on our song too late in the game to have the band learn it, so we switched to the iPod for a short, sweet dance to Amos Lee's Apple of my Eye (just like the lovely Mrs. Powder Puff).







No comments:

Post a Comment