Friday, November 20, 2009

Love at The Ranch: Down the Aisle We Go

Nerves were at their peak in the reception barn as we waited for guests to fill our ceremony site. As I previously mentioned, we did not have a rehearsal, so this was the first time things were really starting to feel real. We were really doing this. I was calm and excited all at the same time, waiting at the back of the line with my dad.

Our ceremony site:


Our guests took their seats and prepared for the ceremony to start. The music began. Our band, Elephant Revival, played Pachelbel's Canon in D for the wedding party's entrance. When I was a little girl there was only one thing I ever imagined for my wedding. It wasn't my dress, my cake, or my flowers. The one thing I knew I wanted? Strings to play our ceremony. There's something about them that makes my skin tingle.


This isn't our band, below, but to get a feel for our ceremony, you can hit play as our wedding party walks down the aisle.


First, Mr. CB and our officiant, my uncle, came down the aisle. Since we hadn't rehearsed, our DOC made sure she "released" us down the aisle in a timely but not-too-fast manner.


I love this picture of Mr. CB walking past all of our friends and family. He looks so contemplative and content.


Next came my brother, Tim, and Mr. CB's sister Sarah.


Followed by Mr. CB's college buddy Ryan and my best friend from studying abroad, Jess.


In the days prior to the wedding, Mr. CB had concocted up a plan with our wedding party. They each had to have a choreographed handshake once they made it up the aisle. I heard talk about this going on and thought it was really fun but was bummed I wouldn't see it happen. From where I was waiting in the reception barn to walk down the aisle, I could hear the laughter from our guests after each couple made it to the front of the room. This is one reason I can't wait to see our wedding video, currently being edited by my cinematographer brother.

Jess and Ryan
Photo by Amanda Wilson

Next up came Mr. CB's childhood friend Matt and my best friend from college, Anne-Cecile.


And their handshake.


Now that my bridesmaids had made it up to the front, it was my two MOHs turn. First up, Mr. CB's roommate from when Mr. CB and I first met, Rich, and my best friend from childhood, Jen.


No one caught their handshake on camera. Finally, Mr. CB's best man Jeremy (who, yes, is chewing gum down the aisle!! Our officiant busted him once he made it to the front!) and my other MOH and best friend from childhood, Alexandra.


This is my favorite handshake photo.


After our the bridesmaids and groomsmen made their entrance, our junior bridesmaid, Mr. CB's niece, Ariyahna, carried our rings. Recognize the pillow? It was made by the crafty Mrs. Crab Cake. She gave our flower girl, my cousin Alma, a little guidance to get her going, as well. Notice Cowboy Boot Cuz's cowboy boots!

Photo by Amanda Wilson


I love how kids in weddings always manage to make everyone smile. I mean look at the expressions on everyone's faces.


The girls were all in their places.


The guys, in theirs too.


And Mr. CB awaited my arrival.


How did we get here?

I spent a peaceful morning with my girls.
Followed by a rowdy bachelorette party.
Two days before the wedding, we fought.
Then, we made up.
On Saturday, Mr. CB recuperated while I hiked with friends.
We celebrated our rehearsal dinner.
Mr. CB and I had our First Look.
Our wedding party braved the cold for photos.
We all lined up for the ceremony.

**All images above by the ridiculously talented and awesome Tec Petaja, unless otherwise noted. Head to his blog for some serious eye candy.**

No comments:

Post a Comment