Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Love at The Ranch: The Girls Get Ready

The day started off as golden as I wrote to all of you, with sunlight striping the pines in front of our cabin. I woke up around 8 am with Mr. CB beside me. I slipped out of bed, took a quick bath, and then pulled on my merino wool sweats and my "Soon to Be Mrs..." tank I'd received for my shower.

Luckily, my bridesmaids were in the cabin right next door so I didn't have far to go. The make-up artist, Liz from Bobbi Brown, and the hair stylist, Candace from Denver's Hot Head's Salon arrived at 9 am and started getting some of the girls going. I got to their cabin at 9:30 to find coffee and bagels waiting. I was ready to start the day.

My hair was set in curlers to give it body. While I waited for those curls to set, Liz did my make-up.


Meanwhile, my bridesmaids were all getting ready in one of the bedrooms in the cabin.



Somewhere in the mix, my maid-of-honor and I were mirror images of each other.

Photo by Amanda Wilson

After my make-up was finished, it was right back to Candace's chair to finish my hair. During my trial, we decided one side of my hair was too plain with the side bun so Candace added these two little braids to spice it up a bit.


The bridesmaid dresses all hung in the window next to mine.


The obligatory dress shot...


Finally, it was time to put her on.




And add the J. Crew belt I thought would make a good addition.

Bridesmaid AC helped me put my shoes on.




I wavered between the pearl studs and the long, pearl dangles.


With my dress, shoes, and accessories on. My hair and make-up done. I was finally feeling bridal.


And ready to head outside for our First Look...


How did we get here?

First, Mr. CB and I road-tripped it to Boulder, CO.
Then, I spent a peaceful morning with my bridesmaids and maids-of-honor.
Followed by a rowdy bachelorette party that night.
The next morning, two days before the wedding, we fought.
Then, we made up.
On Saturday, Mr. CB recuperated from his bachelor party while I hiked with friends.
Until evening, when we celebrated our rehearsal dinner.

**All images above by the ridiculously talented and awesome Tec Petaja, unless otherwise noted. Head to his blog for some serious eye candy.**

No comments:

Post a Comment