Friday, November 20, 2009

Love at The Ranch: Lining Up

After the pictures of the bridal party were complete, we made the decision to do family portraits after the ceremony. There just wasn't time. To be honest, I don't even know what time it was but someone was keeping track. I think it was our day-of-coordinator, Danielle Odil of Something Classic Events, who was back and forth between us and setting up the barn for our reception. We went back into our gathering place for pictures, Heck's Tavern at Devil's Thumb Ranch, and, to my dismay, some our guests were starting to gather there too. It hit me that they were all seeing me before the ceremony and I wasn't happy about this. I wanted out. And fast.

Post bridal party portraits but pre-ceremony

For some reason, I became the leader of the pack and the bridesmaids and groomsmen and family were all following me to where we were going to line up for the ceremony. We were headed to our reception barn. From there, we'd walk into the Timber House, about 15 feet away, for the ceremony. There was so much commotion it was hard to get my bearings and try to get to the reception barn. I wanted someone to lead me. Somehow, we managed to make it there and start to get organized. But wait, where was the groom?

After about ten minutes, Mr. CB showed up along with a quesadilla brought by a waiter. Apparently, Mr. CB hadn't had a bite all day. We all took quick bites of the quesadilla as we got in our places. So much for a fresh, minty ceremony kiss.

My mom gave me a quick pep talk and meditation before taking my place in line and finding her seat. I was so thirsty, I could not drink enough water.



Back in Heck's Tavern, Mr. CB had gotten words of wisdom from his parents.


Everybody lined up and got ready to walk. Mr. CB took a piece of advice from our officiant who is also my uncle.


How did we get here?

I spent a peaceful morning with my girls.
Followed by a rowdy bachelorette party.
Two days before the wedding, we fought.
Then, we made up.
On Saturday, Mr. CB recuperated while I hiked with friends.
We celebrated our rehearsal dinner.
Mr. CB and I had our First Look.
Our wedding party braved the cold for photos.

**All images above by the ridiculously talented and awesome Tec Petaja, unless otherwise noted. Head to his blog for some serious eye candy.**

No comments:

Post a Comment