Friday, June 26, 2009

What Do You Get When You Cross Weddings and Music Festivals?

More than you'd think! Last weekend, I ventured to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival in the Four Corners area of Colorado. I've become a big fan of bluegrass since I moved to the southwest two years ago and while I didn't recognize most of the bands playing, I thoroughly enjoyed them all and even picked up a couple new favorites.

Early on in the day, a band called Greensky Bluegrass rocked the stage. You're probably thinking, "C'mon, Ms. Cowboy Boot. What does this have to do with Weddingbee?" Well, let me show you how one die-hard fan (and bride-to-be) went about booking her music vendor:

Photograph by my festival companion, Amanda Wilson

Along with alternative ways of booking vendors, we saw many performances of songs that were romantic, sweet, and fitting for a wedding. Check out this one by Australian husband-and-wife team Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson. Before playing this cover of "When We're Gone, Long Gone," written by Austin's Kieran Kane, Kasey went on and on about how this would have been their "wedding song" had they heard it before getting married.


Chambers/Nicholson Encore from Amanda Wilson on Vimeo.

Are there any husband-and-wife musicians you adore? Did you book your vendors in an alternative way like the festival-goer above did?

No comments:

Post a Comment