Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Accessories

I'm stuck. I just can't seem to find a pair of earrings that wants to work with my accessories, that I like, and that feels unique. In short, I'm looking for a pair of earrings that isn't necessarily bridal. That said, I also want a pair of earrings that is bridal. Now you're confused, right? Me too.

Here's a snapshot of my accessories as they stand now (the floral, silk belt from J. Crew is still pending until I can try it with my dress):


Here are the earrings I have already tried that didn't work:








Crystal Cluster Earrings by Etsy seller K. Garner Designs ($32)

As of now, I have a pair of cream- and blush-colored pearl clusters on silver. One of my maid-of-honors has offered to lend me a pair of platinum-and-diamond hoops with a small dangle charm, and I also have these (below) by Etsy seller Jurgita Handmade.


I'm not swooning over any of them, but then again, I haven't had the full outfit on to give it a whirl. I won't get this opportunity until a few days before the wedding so I'm prepared to come armed with plenty of options.

If I had all the money in the world (or a budget over $100), I might go for something from the antique store from which I bought my wedding band.







So, hive, I turn to you for advice. First, do I wear silver or gold in terms of color? Pearl or faux-diamond (as I can't afford the real thang, unless I borrow)? Any earrings you suggest that you've seen? Help me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment