Sunday, August 30, 2009

Copying Miss Apple Cider

That's right. It's so obvious, I made it my title. After seeing Miss Apple Cider's post on her DIY out-of-town bags, I got right down to it. I'd been conflicted over where to find cheap, bulk bags to use for this project. The best ones I had seen were at Hobby Lobby--brown paper with handles for .50 cents per bag.


But then, Miss Apple Cider came along and introduced the hive to muslin bags from this website. I followed suit and ordered 50 5" x 8" bags.

They were a little smaller than I was expecting--I guess I hadn't really thought about what 5" x 8" meant--but they would have to do. Plus, the fact that they are smaller means it's harder for them to look empty (i.e. I don't have to put as much stuff in them!). We're planning on including a welcome note, a weekend's schedule, a locally-made lip balm and a thing of homemade granola.


To decorate the bags, I also went Miss Apple Cider's route, but I had planned on stamping the bags prior to reading her post. I'd made a custom stamp of Mr. Cowboy Boot's horse that he drew for our save-the-dates from Simon Stamps.


Then, I skipped over to Hobby Lobby where I purchased a heart stamp as well as the stamp that reads "LOVE". Oh, and a few stamp pads.

Total cost of project (including shipping from ordering online):
Bags: $26.10
Custom Horse Stamp: $15
Stamps and Ink Pads: $17
Total: $58.10

Lucky for me, we plan on using the stamps elsewhere like on our note to our guests and on signage around the reception.

Did you DIY your OOT bags?

No comments:

Post a Comment