Wednesday, September 2, 2009

No Rehearsal But...

While we aren't having a rehearsal for the wedding, it doesn't mean I'm going to give up the excuse to celebrate. Rehearsal dinner, here I come!


My parents are graciously throwing us a rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding for the members of our wedding party as well as close friends and family. We wish we could invite our out-of-town guests too but that would mean the whole guest list would be coming to our rehearsal dinner. And it's just not in the budget.

But just because we're keeping it small doesn't mean we're going posh. Location? Hernando's Pizza Pub!

At first, I was skeptical. A pizza place, mom? But then I went to visit and it is adorable. It looks like a little Swiss chalet and the inside is practically all brick. Except for the ceiling which is completely ensconced in dollar bills.



I had to taste the pizza to be sure. I lived in Italy and have very high standards when it comes to pizza. (Note: high standards and pizza in the United States don't usually do well together).

But it was delicious. Thin homemade crust with fresh mozzarella and mushrooms. I even liked the tomato sauce (when I was a kid I used to pick up the cheese, wipe the tomato sauce off, and put the cheese back on before eating it).

My favorite part about Hernando's? The beer comes in ball jars. I can't think of a better way to drink a Hefeweizen the night before the wedding...

Where are you having your rehearsal dinner? Will it be casual or fancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment