Friday, September 18, 2009

Snip, Snip, Snip

Where have I been? At home. Snipping and sorting and stamping nearly everything in site. Our DIY projects are heading towards home plate and I need to get them done in the next two weeks. Luckily, most of them are already dusting the catcher and only a few of them are still on third base. (Note: No idea where these baseball analogies came from).

Here's a sneak peek at some of what I've been working on (although the images below are just inspiration, they're not of my actual projects):

1) A Picture Wall--but instead of pictures of only us, we'll be hanging pictures of us with our guests from clothespins.

(source)

2) A Pie Bar with a collection of cake stands from various garage sales and vintage stores.

3) Napkins made from vintage fabric that I've been collecting from thrift stores. Lucky for me, I was tipped off that pinking shears would mean no sewing. Thus, my napkins have pointy edges like the ones below.


4) A DIY photo booth with a great background a la Mrs. Coconut but with cowboy costumes to go along with our ranch theme.


After seeing Mrs. Bee's fun photo booth full 'o bees, I was uber-jealous of her background (and of all the bees who got to participate) but oh-so-glad to have a link to where she bought it. I poked around the website she bought hers at, Purl Soho, and have narrowed it down to four fabrics I love. All are the same price which doesn't help me decide. They're each $9 per yard; Mrs. Bee told me she used 2.5 yards and it wasn't enough for group shots. I'll probably buy 3 to 3.5 yards.

So hive, I turn to you. Vote for your favorite Photo Booth Background Fabric below. If you have a strong opinion as to why, fill me in! Maybe I'm not realizing that big prints won't be good or a certain color will make everyone look like an Oompa Loompa.




Pretty Please

Or do I splurge and go for this one at $16 per yard.


So which is it? Vote below! Or, if you know of another fabric website with similar (or cheaper!) pricing, let me know! I'm new to this whole fabric game.

Deer Valley
Del Hi
Fiona
Pretty Please
County Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment