Our "acceptance" percentage? The final tally falls into the 45% range. That means we have a total of around 65 guests attending our 'lil shindig. You'd think I'd be disappointed but, to be honest, I'm excited for the intimate experience it will now be. I've talked a little bit about our food-and-beverage minimum and that, with our lower-than-expected head count, we have to fill out our order to match the price minimum. Otherwise, we'll end up paying a lot for very little, when we could be getting more.
So what are we considering adding? Quite a bit.
1) Our BBQ menu now includes another dish:
Cole Slaw (source)
And, since we last spoke about our menu, it's also been updated with Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Aioli instead of BBQ chicken legs and a tomato, mozzarella, basil salad as our veggie.
2) On top of the above changes, we'll be upgrading with a fairly plain "Field Green Salad," which includes pickled leeks and Vermont cheddar, to either one of these:
-Bartlett Pear Salad with Bleu Cheese, Candied Pecans, and Banyuls Vinaigrette
-Heart of Romaine Salad with Blue Cheese Cream and Tomatoes and Lardons
3) We've added a light beer to our alcohol selection: Amstel Light, so our guests will have the choice of two keg beers (wheat beer and nut brown ale) and a bottled option.
4) We're not only throwing in a signature cocktail, we're upping the regular house tequila, Cuervo Gold, to Patron Silver. Yippeeeee for margaritas!
4) Our wines have gone from their cheapest level to their second best! Our choices?
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region in New Zealand
McManis Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon from Sonoma, California
5) We'll now be having a champagne toast (originally going to be a toast with whatever our guests had in hand).
We'll be serving Gloria Ferrer N/V
6) Late-nite snacks. We're thinking sliders (mini-burgers) and onion rings. Since we're eating dinner at 5:30 pm, I figure we might be hungry right around 10 pm.
Of the above, what is your favorite upgrade? What is your least favorite item? We may have to cut one thing and I'd love to know what's least popular. Is the champagne toast unnecessary? Do we hang onto our original salad to save $5 per person on a more elaborate salad?