Sunday, July 26, 2009

This Made Me Cry

This question came up during my BeeTV segment on Saturday night: What wedding blogs do you read? To be honest, I've shied away from them. I felt like they were extremely beneficial when it came to figuring out what our overall theme would be and then using the blogs to find details we could incorporate. But once you start incorporating those details, you have to turn a blind eye or you'll get overwhelmed. You'll get confused. You'll start re-doing or renovating your plans.

That's how I felt. Until I saw this on Style Me Pretty and cried:

Ashley & Jamie's Same Day Edit from Anguilla from Julie Hill on Vimeo.

I never really considered the idea of a videographer. We can't afford one. I doubt we'd watch it very much. But, now, I've decided I may need to include this detail into our day. Using Ms. Joey's advice once again, I posted on Craigslist in the Denver area looking for someone to shoot and edit a video of our wedding. What I want doesn't need to be genius, but I love how they play with speed in the video above. Quick movement of the clouds followed by slow motion images of the bride and her dress.

While surfing the black hole of wedding blogs, I saw this vintage-y gem on Once Wed.

Myriah + Christopher from joel serrato on Vimeo.

Marry the two ideas--elements of speed and super 8 film (can you put those two together?)--and we'd have a winner.

We're hoping we come across a film student with some raw talent looking to further his or her portfolio. I'll let you know if we discover something good.

Did you hire a videographer? What wedding videos were your inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment