Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Final Bridesmaid Dress Dilemma

Well, hive, I've narrowed it down to three choices for my lovely ladies. You see, I just don't have a vision of what I want them all to look like which is making it really hard for me to pick out a dress. What I do know is that I want the girls to feel like themselves, to want to wear the dress again (I know!), and to get it in a color that suits everyone. You've seen the J. Crew and Watters trial. Then you saw the custom dress maker that I heart. Now I present to you my three delectable options.

But, first, let me share some color inspiration with you (peach, dusty rose, pink, and gold). 



Option Numero Uno (silk taffeta; around $200):



One of these styles in J. Crew's Barely Peach which hits stores in August. I ordered in both dress styles in other colors just to try on the dress itself. I'll let you know what they look like. I also got an itty bitty swatch of Barely Peach and love it. 


Option Numero Dos (chiffon; $200 each):


Hive, I really need you to use your imagination here. Think solid color (no birds) and knee-length. This is where I'm having trouble with color, although Sarah would send me fabric samples before making the dresses. These dresses might be these colors:

The color of the curtains which is basically Barely Peach

Something brighter like this amaryllis

Option Numero Tres (variety; name your price):



Or do I take inspiration from the discerning Ms. Apple Cider who had a good enough eye to catch this trend? Let the bridesmaids pick out their own dresses with set rules: in a certain color range, knee-length, particular fabric, etc. In the past, when this was done, I've seen bridesmaids stress over it and buy a dress last-minute. I've heard they like to be given more structure than this. But, I love the way it looks in the end.

So, hive, help me out! Vote for option 1, 2, or 3 below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment