Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just Can't Figure It Out

My knot.com checklist has been hounding me for the past two months. "Decide on the bridesmaid dress," it says to me, staring me in the face. And I have. Then I haven't. Then I have again. Nope, not the one. Then...This is how the cycle's been over the past few months. My ever-obliging bridesmaids must be getting sick of my, "This dress is cute, right?" e-mails. 

At first, I thought I could be really simple about it. Choose a fabric (silk chiffon) and a color (espresso) from J. Crew. Let the girls choose their style. I sent the girls to their respective J. Crews to gauge their sizes. And, I ordered a few of the dresses in to try on myself. 




While I liked the fit of these dresses, they just didn't do it for me. The espresso dresses were, well, fine. I wanted to love the printed Whitney but it was practically neon in the shade which made me nix it. 

Then I saw this dress on Watters.com. 


My two maids-of-honor went to try it on for me in LA and, again, it was just fine. At the time, my color scheme was still yellow and brown and the yellow was kind of bland.

Stay tuned to hear about my current bridesmaid dress dilemma...

Did you go through a few dresses before you got the bridesmaid dress right?

No comments:

Post a Comment